Wednesday, May 03, 2006

S-P-E-L-L

It's constantly amazing to me how many of the men that I email through my on-line service who can't/won't spell correctly. Oh, I know. Some people just aren't email people. Some people don't type that well. But come on! Most of these men got out of college; some have grad degrees. Yet they don't correctly use the difference between "you're" and "your." Isn't that fundamental? And don't they look over an email before they send it?

I will admit that I'm not always the perfect speller or typist. Even as a writer, my brain sometimes goes faster than my fingers. So I understand the occasional spelling mistake. But a full email to someone that you might be trying to impress? Put on the thinking cap, boys!

On other news, got a nice, but somewhat nebulous email from Blue Eyes. He asked if I had any plans this coming weekend. Is that an invite to a date? I wrote him back that I had some free time, so we'll see what happens next.

And there's a new person in play. We've had some nice phone calls, but I'm not sure. And I've learned that if my gut is questioning things, I need to pay attention. Nothing big or bad, just things that make me think he's not a total match for me. But as Best Friend T says, "it's just a glass of wine/cup of coffee." And so I move forward....

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Amen sista!