Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Things people say

Since I let all of you know about the very rude date asking a very personal question the other night, here are some of the other gems I have heard on either a first date/meeting, or even a first phone call. And let me just say....yikes!

"I'm ADD and never read anything." (great. I've been emailing you for the last month)
"Do you shave?" (I'm sure he did NOT mean my legs)
"Would you like a foot massage?" (I've heard that twice!)
"My ex wife is probably my best friend." (um, right)
"I don't really have time to date." (what are you doing then?)
"Can you buy me a beer?" (um, you asked for this date)

People, please. We are adults here. Let's chat about common courtesy. I know that small talk isn't easy for everyone, but goodness!

And so I move forward.....

No comments: