Thursday, May 18, 2006

Slow. But OK.

Not too much for dating these days. I actually hid myself on one of my dating sites. I just feel like I am not finding the right people. I've had this thought that I want to concentrate on quality. And that tends to narrow the field.

I've been doing a lot of thinking of what I want and while some people would percieve this as picky, I think it's OK to have standards. I've seen too many examples of women (and men) settling for going out with someone because they aren't comfortable being alone and single. Friend R is an example. This person is dating someone who already has a significant other (no marriage). R keeps dating, even though the date isn't making any move to get away from the S.O. Yet R stays in there, frustrated, only getting part of a real relationship. And I just think people (including myself) deserve more than that.

I mean, I wouldn't wear shoes if they hurt my feet. OK, maybe I would. Another example: I wouldn't keep around a toaster that never did my toast right. I'd move on.

*sigh*

OK, now for the recent updates. No word at all from Blue Eyes. Too bad, but I have to remember that means that he is just not the one. Had a blind on-line meeting this week. This was Gold Chain. Nice, but too old (51) for me. I need someone more young and more hip. Is that weird? Do you believe that he asked me, on our first MEETING, if I wanted to go to the shore with him for the Memorial Day weekend. "Uh, no." I hardly know him. What was he thinking? And so I move on....

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Gold Chain guy is exactly why you need to have standards.

~ From One With Very High Standards

Sassy said...

thanks, oh Adorable one!