Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Sassy wins in a cage match!

Well, had a lunch date with the psychologist today. Not so good. As I walked into the restaurant, I looked around. We have traded photos, so I thought I would recognize him. Finally, I hear someone call my name. I look over and there is a very, very small man. Not a "little person," but a very small man. As my friends know, I'm not that tall. But I could have taken this man in a cage match.

His shoulders were smaller than mine. His waist was smaller, his thighs were smaller. Gulp! Let me just say right now that when somthing like this happens, your mind races. What to say? Try not to stare. How could this happen? I guess I didn't look at the height in the profile. Why would I need to see that? I'm a small woman. EVERYONE is taller than me. Even 14 yr old nephews.

And actually, he was a nice guy, and not bad looking. But small. It's not gonna happen people. Nope. I have to be honest. There's a lid for every pot as my sister says, but he wasn't mine.

Now the sticky part. I've already gotten an email thanking me for meeting at lunch, and "hoping we can get together soon." Grr. I'm gonna have to let him know it's not a match. I hate rejecting people, because I'm been on the other side. But it's better to do it now, instead of later.

Oh, and to top it all off, he didn't pay for my lunch. He was the one who suggested lunch and suggested the place. Now, I usually offer to pay once, so my date knows I'm not some spoiled princess. But he actually said, "OK." Not a good way to make an impression. Hey, we're in our mid-40s. You can spring for an $8 lunch, right?

Speaking of this, I liked the way Blue Eyes handled the lunch check. Again, he was the one to extend the invite and he was the one who chose the restaurant. When the check came, I made my offer. Blue Eyes said that he invited me and he would pay. And that perhaps next time I could buy. Nice. Perfect. Works for me. And so, I move on.....

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Yeah, there is something really disconcerting about a guy who has a tinier waist than me . . . I agree. I think we need to get some cameras following you around so that we can have our own Richmond version of "Sex & The City."