Sunday, April 23, 2006

Success (somewhat)

Last Friday night saw me on a second date with Blue Eyes. We met through one of my onlines services and had our first date on Wednesday. Lunch is a nice way to start. It's a finite time, not a huge investment of time or money. During the date, we were talking about a concert coming up. He mentioned that he was going with some family members (he's the one from the BIG family) and that there might be an extra ticket.

I wanted to take the low-key approach, so I said if there was an extra ticket that it was meant to be, and that if there wasn't, then that was cool too. About 60 minutes after the lunch date, he called and left a message that there was an extra ticket and he would like to take me to the concert.

As Friday approached, we made our plans. He picked me up at the house, we had a quick drink here with some great Parmeasan crisps. (Thanks for the idea, Mom!). We then went to his brother's house to meet up with him, his wife and two of their children. Nice people all. I'm not sure who was the braver, Blue Eyes for taking a new "date" with family involved, or me for going. Oh, have I mentioned that we were meeting another sister and her husband. And at the end of the concert, we actually ran into ANOTHER sister. Whew!

The concert was wonderful and we all had a good time. Blue Eyes is somewhat quieter than some people I might be attracted to, but he's funny and sweet. I enjoyed his company and hope that he enjoyed mine. He brought me home after a couple of drinks after the concert (with the family gang) and walked me to the door. Nice manners. Big plus to me. And yes, there was a little kiss. Enough to be interesting, not enough to gauge much.

The question now is: how do you look interested without seeming desparate? This is a tough spot for me. I don't like waiting. I'm a woman of action. But through my dating experiences, it seems right to let the gentleman make the next move to another date. So we'll see if I hear from him. And I'll let you know.....

No comments: