Saturday, April 15, 2006

Two-fer

To all that have notice I haven't blogged recently...so sorry. Things in the dating world have actually been slow. I feel like with the weather changing and me being much more thoughtful about my dating life, I've quieted down. But never fear, I've got a new prospect to talk about.

I met this gentleman through one of my online services. He is a psychologist, so I figure I can get a date and therapy all in the same evening! Actually, we have only been emailing and talked on the phone once. He seems nice, but as my dating audience knows, it's the in person, chemistry thing that is so important. And no matter who the online service advertises ("Find the love of your life with our super-duper quiz"), you just can't predict or pinpoint the matters of the heart.

We will talk again I believe, and set up an in-person meeting. You would think that with all the online first dates I've been on, I'd be a pro at it. But I'm always a little nervous. The personal rejection thing is hard to wrap your arms around. I've learned not to take anything personally. If they don't want to see me again, they're not my guy. I am optimistic enough to believe the right person is out there for me. And I'm settling for Mr. Right Now. I'm searching for Mr. Right.

That being said, I do like the online way to meet people. I'm not a bar girl and my office environment is rather small. So, to the keyboard I go.

Happy holidays (Easter, Passover) to all my friends and family. And so it goes....

3 comments:

Kelly said...

At least we know that he's not Dr. Phil . . . right? . . . ;)

Kelly said...

At least we know that he's not Dr. Phil . . right? . . . ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi-maybe you could try CHick-Fil-A. I noticed a gleam in the clerks eye when I asked for a calorie cout sheet of their food. Oh-did I forget to mention I am 68? Possibly not for you. Hope you are putting your entries in a book-you are a born writer!