Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Happy 2007

Hello to everyone and sorry for the big gap in writing. I had a horrid cold and cough before and during the holidays, went "home" to Mom's house for the holidays and then ended things with BuffaloBoy.

Yes, you heard that right. This has been coming for some time, but came to a head after the Thanksgiving lunch that he declined with my Mom and sis. I let him know that I didn't think I was his type/girl, but while I think he was listening, I'm not sure he heard. We tried to see each other a couple of more times before Christmas, but the "feeling" just wasn't there. The final straw (for me) was the fact that he didn't call on Christmas Day ("oh, I didn't have your cell number in my cell"), yet The Torch called to wish me a happy day.

Then Boy made plans with other friends to go out of town on New Year's Eve. Frankly, I think that after 6 months, if you are truly interested in someone, you should be planning that night with your sweetie. PLUS (to add insult to injury), I got an EMAIL for New Year's Eve Day, wishing me well. Again, The Torch called in person to wish me well.

To that end, Boy and I are meeting on Friday to swap things (my book and jacket, his tennis racquet). I'm sorry if he's hurt, but I'm not about to settle for someone who isn't showing me the respect and interest that I want.

And so I move on.

1 comment:

African Kelli said...

Good for you! Life is too short for emails on New Year's Eve.