Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My (kinda) Zen moment


Today as I was driving home from work, I thought about the dating scene and how I was going about meeting someone who could be special and share quality time with. I ask friends and trusted colleagues if they know anyone, I participate in one (or sometimes two) dating sites, and I keep my eyes open at the grocery store and events.

But I wonder: am I pushing the universe where it's not meant to go? Will the life and love that I'm meant for come when it's the right time? Am I upsetting the balance?

As my friends know, I'm someone who is active. Life's not going to pass me by. If I want something, I'll go for it (within reason of course!). I've approached this new chapter in my life with passion, gusto, enthusiam and excitement. It's been a wonderful couple of years and I've learned so very much about myself.

I enjoy the single life and all it's brought me. So for now I'll keep on keeping on. But I'll keep an eye on the dating Budda.

2 comments:

African Kelli said...

Love it. Very good attitude. The dating Gods will find you soon enough!

Anonymous said...

I love your site - the reference to "vinyl" is very clever. I believe in cashmere too! I met my second husband just after I decided that I should give up on men. We've been married about a year and a half and together for... 6-7?

I like the smiling Buddha for a Dating Buddha. In can suggest a sense of humor, serenity, or nuclear missile testing!

http://www.slrobertson.com/images/cambodia/holiday-in-cambodia/slideshow/photo-8.htm