Sunday, January 14, 2007

Adults only, please

Today I had a "goodbye" brunch with BuffaloBoy. This was his invitation, his idea.

When we decided that we needed to be done dating, we still had some things of each others. A book, a tennis racquet, that sort of thing. Anyway, Boy had to cancel our lunch on Friday due to a work issue. He called me at the office to ask if I'd rather go to a very swanky hotel for their famous champagne brunch. It's a beautiful place, perfect for a special occasion.

I accepted and he picked me up at 10:30. We went and had a nice time. We always have things to talk about; everything from the Democrats to a famous kidnapping. We were both dancing around the break-up, trying just to be friends and enjoying each other's company.

Finally, as we were winding up, Boy said he just needed to say one thing about our dating. His pitch was, "How often is it that you meet someone you really like?"

Exactly. I like him. He likes me. But I want more. I want someone to be in love with me, loving me for who and what I am. A woman who has a lot to offer.

In the end, it was an adult break-up, amicable and finite.

And so I move on.

No comments: