Monday, June 05, 2006

Potential and the Torch

Well, a new date this week. Or so I hope.
I've been emailing a nice gentleman from my online site. Let's call him BuffaloBoy. This is the "nice guy" from my last post.

I got a note asking about a lunch or cup of coffee and I replied in kind. So tonight we are going to chat on the phone for the first time.

I've been through this long enough to know that I shouldn't get too excited about anything. While things sounds good, that darned elusive chemistry is just not in my hands. I shall try to be my best, and remember that if that's not good enough, then he isn't my guy.

On another hand this last week, I have been thinking way too much about The Torch. I even had to go back in my journal to realize why I broke it off with him last fall and again this spring. I think the stressful week, combined with the lack of really quality dating, was making me miss him. He was very fun, very interesting, very sweet. But also not on the same page in the book of love as I am.

Also helpful was an article I found on Mr. Unavailable, a very useful blog. To sum it up, it points out that there are a lot of men out there who are unavailable for a myriad of reasons. And I need to remember that The Torch, for whatever reason, is not available to me. *sigh*

And so I move forward.....

2 comments:

Kelly said...

The fact that you can care about somebody that much is a credit to your character.

So, BuffaloBoy, huh? That's not a very enticing moniker . . . :) Does he like buffalo wings? Does he herd buffalo? Hehe. Is he hairy like a buffalo?

Ok, I'll stop. It's just too much fun. :)

Sassy said...

Little one:

Thanks for the nice thought. You always have the right thing to say. I actually have to remember that for myself when I'm feeling low about The Torch.

And I loved your thoughts about BuffaloBoy's moniker. It actually has something to do with a Appalachian music band that he likes.

Until Thursday, I can't speak for the Buffalo hair. But I'll let you know!

xxoo,
SAS