Sunday, June 18, 2006

It never rains but it pours

Well, this is a week that has been interesting, to say the least, on the dating scene. Let me start from the beginning.

Early in the week, a nice call from BuffaloBoy. We made a date for later in the week. More update on that to come. Next, a phone call from the Chef. Now, the Chef is someone I dated maybe for a week more than a year ago. A. Year. Ago. But every so often I get a random call from him asking how I am, what I've been doing, who I'm dating. He's not my guy, never was. Nice? Sure. But just not mine. Cute? OK. But still, not mine.

The question is, why does he call me out of the blue? Lonely? Bored? Whatever. In fact, I remember how we stopped dating. I think he broke a date. And once you do that, I get the message. Plus, I wasn't crazy about him, he didn't have a good excuse, he didn't ask to re-schedule when he broke it. So there you go.

Next in the week, Trouble called. Now, I actually enjoy him in very small, very infrequent doses. He's amusing, silly and always wants to go get a Krispy Kreme donut. He is one of the first people I met on my online service. After a few dates, I knew he was not my guy. But we struck up a casual friendship and he has his heart in the right place. He's unreliable, in debt (and TOLD me about it), and extremely self-centered. But amusing, trust me. Anyway, he called wanted to know if I wanted to go the the movies that night. Mind you, he called about 8:30 pm,, wanting company for the 9:20 show. Again, was he bored, lonely? Whatever. Of course, "no," was my reply.

Finally, a call out of the blue from a man I was dating back in Dec, Jan and Feb. (see Thursday, March 23, 2006, "A date and a .38") We had been on and off; first he was acting too serious, then I decided I was still working my way through feelings for the Torch, then we tried to date again, we celebrated Valentine's Day together (nice dinner!), and then all of the sudden he broke a date via email. Strange. I felt bad, since he was a good guy and I worried that he just got a bad deal since The Torch was still haunting me on and off.

So, I hereby name him The Accountant. Anyway, he wanted to tell me that he was thinking of me and thought I was a "quality person." Well....yeah. I knew that. He didn't ask for a date, just wanted to catch up and see if I was open to being friends. Sure. Why not? I left the ball in his court. He can call back and ask for dinner or something if he choses. We left it open; he's heading out of town this week.

Finally, I came home from work on Friday and had a message from BuffaloBoy. He had to postphone our dinner date. That morning, he had gotten a call from his mother asking what time he was coming to visit for the Father's Day weekend. He was very apologetic and wanted a raincheck. Later in the afternoon, we chatted on the phone and he actually called to say hello on Saturday as well. Again, pretty nice guy.

And so I move on....

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You got a call from The Accountant?? Woah.

And P.S. - Look at you with all of your men!

Sassy said...

I know. It's crazy! Now, I have got to just wait it all out. Hopefully BuffaloBoy will ring me tonight. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Wow you sassy thing! See...they all know a good thing!