Monday, June 12, 2006

Dinner, rain, tennis and the deck

Sorry for the long gap between postings. I'll have to fill you in, so here goes....

Last Thursday I went out to meet BuffaloBoy for the first time. We had 2 wonderful phone chats and were supposed to meet for lunch. But he changed the plans and said that lunch was "short." We arranged to meet at a nearby restaurant. I was excited but nervous as I had only see one photo of him; it was a winter scene with him wearing a big coat and hat.

To make a long story short as possible, he is very cute in a granola-mountain man-grown-up grad student sort of way. Nice eyes, shaved head, and a bit of a scruffy beard and moustache. I personally would like the face hair trimmed a bit. He is nice, funny, articulate, thoughtful, smart and interesting. He likes art, music, books, movies. We had a great evening including dinner, a walk and a drink. It went very well, and at the end he asked for another date.

Since the weekend was kinda busy for both of us, we decided on a game of tennis on Sunday. BuffaloBoy arrived looking like a casual hiker ready to play tennis. We had a wonderful time, laughing and chasing tennis balls. After that, he suggested breakfast, but I offered to cook at home instead. Once again, terrific conversation. I'm really tickled that I've found someone that I have a connection with. Will this turn romantic? I'm not sure yet. I'm trying to take my time and just enjoy the moments.

And at the end of the Sunday meeting, BuffaloBoy asked if he could make me dinner this week. We talked about which evening was better and he said that he would call to arrange a date. Pretty nice. And so I move forward....

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Yay!!!