Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The end

Well, after another conversation with the SW last evening, I'm declaring the relationship officially over. I kept hoping that things would smooth over and we could find a way to repair something, but it's just not meant to be. I'm getting mixed messages all over the place and think it's high time that I stop letting him affect me this way. I'm not going to change some fundamental things about me, and his situation and responsibilities won't either.

I'm philosophical about this relationship and will look for the lessons here. And in the future (months and months from now), perhaps we can be friends.

And so I move on...

3 comments:

African Kelli said...

You are such a smart lady. I'm telling you -- I have TONS to learn from you!

Anonymous said...

It's so hard to be caught up in someone else's ambivalence. I think it may be easier when it's a clean break. I'm glad you found your way to some closure today. Know that there are many of us out here dealing with similar scenarios and not half as brave as you.

Sassy said...

Kelli--Nice to know that I can pass on some wisdom after all you have taught me!

Christine--Once again, your support is just what I need.