Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Difficult evening

Tonight the Social Worker and I had a difficult talk. It had to do with him being stretched to the limit with the kids, a full-time job, a part-time job and me. He vocalized that he was not sure what was going on, but that he was feeling like he was pulling away from me. And he just wasn't sure why.

He was the one who went full-bore into this just 2 months ago. I was cautious, taking my time. But I admit that I was bowled over by the attention, the sweet words, the hours of good conversation. Lately things have slowed down, but I attributed it to the nature of life. He was still calling daily, writing emails every few days and generally keeping things the same.

As I've said before, there are many differences and challenges to a relationship with him. I was taking the tack that only time will tell and I was attracted to him enough to put some time in. Heck, I'm still amazed at him and feel so many good emotions around him.

Anyway, the talk last about an hour and then he took his leave. I'm not sure if we will stop dating all together, or just pull way back and continue to enjoy each other's company as a dating couple. I assured him that I would like to keep seeing each other, but that I understood that if I was just not his girl, so be it. He said that he would call, but I'm not sure when and want to give him his space.

It's hard for me to understand how we went from 0 to 60 back to 20. I feel sad, mad and even foolish. When I talked to both the Wingwoman and Best Friend T tonight, they both assured me that having the guts, courage and open heart to let myself feel these emotions are all good, and not foolish. And that is why they are my best friends.

And so I move on.

No comments: