Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Riding it out


Well, BuffaloBoy and I had a nice time last Sunday riding our bikes. It was a beautiful morning, and we enjoyed each other's company.

With that said, Boy came to pick me up and hour and a half after the original time he told me. He had called twice and was sweet about it, but I wondered how important it was for him to be on time. He was also not ready for an outdoor day. He brought no water, no shirt to change into (sweaty riding in the humid summer). I guess that he's just less detailed than I, but if you ask a young lady to go bike riding in a neighboring town, wouldn't you bring some water? Even for yourself?

After the ride, we had talked about getting some lunch, but ended up at my house. We decided to watch some tennis, relax and enjoy the air-conditioning. Later in the day, we got a pizza. watched a movie and just chilled out. He left my place about 6:00 pm.

All in all, a nice day, but I'm just not sure he's my guy. Good person, fun to hang around with, but no huge sparks on my part. And perhaps not on his either? It's hard to say since he is hard to read (for me anyway!).

While we were hanging around talking, he mentioned once again that the bad date and how it was not "fair" to take his mending/bruised heart out on me. He also mentioned how he didn't want to make seeing me a "big deal" since he just got out of the recent relationship. Hey! Maybe I don't want to make this a big deal! Maybe you're not worth a big deal!

Was he just trying to set my expectations? Or simply telling me the dating will slow down. Whatever it is, I won't feel a huge sting if this ends. I actually enjoy BuffaloBoy's company, but romance? Eh. We'll see what happens next.

And so I move on.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I think that he was just trying to check any expectations that you might have regarding the relationship. Honestly, I don't think he's ready for a romance. He seems to still be holding a torch for his last lady. And it seems to me that you both may have come to some realizations recently. Whatever happens, hopefully you guys can at least be friends. :) And anyway, you need to be available for when you go to Italy and run into that Italian God who's going to buy you a villa in Tuscany. He'll have a dashing younger brother who you'll introduce to me once you fly me over to Italy.

Sassy said...

Little one:

Of course you always have wisdom to share with me. I believe I need to just enjoy him for who he is and enjoy the moments! Hey, it's fun to have a summer boyfriend. But then you would know, wouldn't you??