Thursday, July 06, 2006

Fireworks...sort of.


Well, the 4th has come and gone and I can honestly say that I had a good one, despite assorted agnst about BuffaloBoy and my slightly off behavior the Saturday before.

Earlier, I had asked him if he would like to join me and some of my friends for the local ball game and fireworks ("Best in town!"). He affirmed and I had Bikeandhike Dave on the line looking for an extra ticket. One was procured and all was well.

Tuesday morning rolled around and the phone rang about 5 till 9 a.m. It's BuffaloBoy. Now, he has called me three times in the early morning. I like that he is comfortable enough to call me early since I'm a morning person, but I truly have NEVER had a boy call me this early this often. Anywho, he is letting me know he is still in North Carolina; he had gone there to meet friends for a bluegrass concert and decided to stay an extra day. Fine. No worries. He says he is heading home and may not make the dinner or even the game.

Arrghh. I sense he is trying to get out of the date and while I'm not suprised, I am disappointed. I enjoy his company and I went to some lengths to get him a ticket. I keep my frustration to myself; I don't want to make too many assumptions. Buffalo says that he will call me when he gets back to town.

Meanwhile, I worked on a sewing project, laundry, talked on the phone with friends, etc. Oh, and a nap of course! I got things ready for the casual cook-out at my house and was all ready. But no phone call from BuffaloBoy. *sigh*

About 4:05 pm, the phone rings again. BuffaloBoy reports that he is still far away, just over the North Carolina border. What? He wasn't that far away, and he's been supposedly driving for the last 7 hours? Well, he reports, he stopped a couple of places, kinda looked around, etc. Hey. Dude. You have a ticket for the ballgame. Again, I think he's making excuses to wiggle out and at this point I've kinda given up. I told him that we were leaving the house for the game at about 6:30 and he could come with us if he was ready.

5:35. The phone rings again. Now, I have to tell you that he IS making an effort. What his motives are, I just can't tell. Anyway, BuffaloBoy reports he is back in town, will take a shower, etc. and be over in about an hour. Yeah. I'm glad he's coming, but still can't shake the feeling that this is less about dating me and just more about hanging out.

Anyway, BuffaloBoy shows up, meets my other friends and we go off to the game and the fireworks. I had a great time, and hope that he had a nice time too. The worry lingers, however, that he might not be all that interested in dating, but rather happy to just be friends. Why? Well, there wasn't any move to hold my hand, kiss me, etc. He treated me nicely, but like a friend. I guess that's all well and good, but I was hoping for something more since I feel some sort of spark and chemistry, which just doesn't happen with every day. I guess I'll see if this coming weekend brings a date or not. That might be the clue.

And so I move forward.....

No comments: