Friday, July 07, 2006

Clarity and apologies

The story so far:

BuffaloBoy and I have a crappy date last Saturday (see below for larger details). BuffaloBoy is quiet and pensive; I get more cheerful to the point of mania. Date ends and I figure I'll never see him again.

Tuesday (4th of July), BuffaloBoy finally makes it to ball game and fireworks. I worry most of the day that he is trying to get out of plans and figures he comes to ballgame because ticket is paid for. (BestFriend T needs to give me a cocktail of hers called "Whatever" to keep me from getting in too deep.)

Wed and Thurs, I don't hear from BuffaloBoy and figure if there is no date this weekend, the whole thing is done.

Friday morning--BuffaloBoy calls early (7:20 a.m.) and leaves message about getting together on Sunday morning for biking or tennis. I decide not to call back immediately, hoping that a little silence will inspire BuffaloBoy to keep up the pursuit. I don't like playing games, but I certainly think there is strategy involved in dating.

Friday afternoon I get back from lunch and a phone message is on my work phone. I think it's the eye doctor calling again. When I hear it's BuffaloBoy, I'm happy. I do enjoy his company.

I call BuffaloBoy back and let him ask again about getting together. He suggests going to P-burg to bike the battlefields and then have lunch. "We can make the day of it if we want." BuffaloBoy also mentions the crap date last week and apologizes for being "grumpy and out of sorts." I graciously accept and suggest that it was a bad day all around, and that the two of us should just toss that date away, and start fresh. BuffaloBoy agrees and sounds happy.

BuffaloBoy also flirts with me a bit on the phone....hmmmm.

More to come!

No comments: