Monday, July 03, 2006

Puzzling

Well, the long day Saturday date with BuffaloBoy has come and gone. And I'm just not sure what to think.

I had a good time, but don't know how to read him. Sometimes he's flirting and funny, other times quiet and distracted. I do have some clues, however, to his state of mind and I may need to look deeper.

I've found out that he is still carrying some feelings for a long-term woman that he recently (Spring) broke up with. He was up front with this information, but I can tell that it bothers him by how many comments I may hear about this within a conversation. And that's where my nurturning instinct kicked in.

I'm afraid I may have overcompensated on Saturday, trying to be charming and flirtly and super-duper upbeat instead of just my normal self. I'm wondering if I got on his nerves; thinking about how goofy I might have appeared. Arrgghh. Why did I have to do that?

My answer is a simple human one. I like this guy and want to get to know him more. And it's been a while since I've connected with someone and felt some real, bona fide attraction. Combine this with the really nice kiss on Wednesday after dinner at his place, I was thinking--overthinking?-- that this might be something that would have some promise.

What I need to do is go back to all the lessons I've learned over the last 2 years. Be yourself, don't try to make something that isn't there, understand that you won't click or even like everyone, and take things one day at a time, for exactly what they are.

BuffaloBoy and I have tickets for some fireworks for tomorrow night. Currently he's out of town visiting friends at an outdoor concert. So I hope that I hear from him tonight or tomorrow....and that he doesn't cancel. And I move forward....

No comments: