Sunday, August 13, 2006

To date or not to date, that is the question

A lot of dating for me involves self-awareness and thinking about what I want out of dating and life. Recently I have been dating the nice BuffaloBoy. He's sweet, funny, smart. And while he's not lighting me up inside, I AM having a good time. According the wonderful Mom, that's OK. For now, anyway.

But I feel like at this age, and with my objective (which is an eventual long-term partner), I don't want to waste too much time. So I'm torn. Keep dating him? Start dating around again? My main online dating service is slow. After you are on there for some time, you tend to see the same old faces and "playas" or guys who I supposed are still looking--just like me. My other online service is slow too.

So yesterday I "hid" my profile on my main service. With all the social, family and personal stuff going on in my life, I thought I would take a break.

And on the subject of Boy, I don't want to keep dating him and keep both he and I from meeting the right person. On the other hand, I like the fun I have with him, the talks we have, his company, etc. What to do? What to do? And so, that is the gist of dating life at 45.

No comments: