Sunday, August 13, 2006

Honesty is the best policy

Once again, I am amazed at the honesty and open communication of BuffaloBoy.

We were scheduled to have a date this last Friday night. No worries. Then on Thursday morning, he called at the office and said that he had to cancel. At first I was a little surprised since that's not like him. Then he went on to explain.

He told me that his old girlfriend (from another city) was coming into town to get the rest of her stuff out of his house. They broke up in March/April (can't remember) and she had left some things that were valuable to her at his home. I know that this break up was hard for him and that the dating of the two of them was long term. Boy assured me that this was needed for him to have closure and that it was a strictly "business" visit.

I know he could have just called and cancelled and told me that a friend from out of town was coming in to see him. But he went out on a limb to tell me the true story. Think about it. If you are dating a girl, you don't want to risk the girl by telling her that your old girlfriend is coming into town and staying with you overnight.

My hat is off to you BuffaloBoy. Thanks for the honest, adult communication.

No comments: