Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Out on a limb

Late last week I got invited to a cook out for this Saturday. The person who invited me is someone I consider a good work friend and I wanted to go. So I decided that I would ask The Torch to go as my date.

I gave him a call last night. He and I have been in contact through email and telephone, mostly work related. (If you recall he and I are in the same field and have been working on some projects together.) He did call me last Tuesday night to say hello and check on how my weekend in Chicago was. Anyway, he wasn't home so I left a message.

All day I have to say that I was anxious to hear if he would/could accompany me. This evening he called to say that while he appreciated the invite, he had a previous committment that he couldn't get out of. I thought his tone very sincere. He also mentioned that he would like to get together Sunday night if that would work for me.

I was happy that he suggested an alternate night. I just keep telling myself that I'm doing one day at a time, not expecting too much except honesty and respect and enjoying my time with him.

And so I move on.

No comments: