Thursday, April 26, 2007

To flirt or not to flirt


This evening I went to a happy hour with a career networking/social group. The room was fun and crowded and mixed. I caught up with lovely KT and chatted with the proofreading guru. At one point, there were a bunch of us at a table talking about art and football and topless beaches.

At the table was a guy about my age. No wedding ring. He was having a nice conversation and actually was speaking to me directly. I liked his thoughts, his looks, his friendliness. Could he be a possible date to get to know better? I gave him my name and actually found that he had a colleague who I had worked with years ago. Soon, KT spoke up and asked how his wife was feeling.

Surprised at first, I then wondered if I am looking "too much" for dating prospects instead of just enjoying people. I am torn. One school of thought says that you should be open to all possibilities. The other says that you shouldn't be out there prowling, but being thoughtful about who are think about.

A lesson for me in there somewhere, I'm sure.

And so I move on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I say to flirt never hurts.