Friday, April 13, 2007

50 things about me

Not an original idea, but one that might make for some good reading!

1. I am an identical twin
2. I talk to my twin at least once a day
3. The scar on my left cheek was caused by an accident involving an ice skate
4. My calico kitty is named Molly
5. Max, my other cat, passed away last year
6. I once dated a drummer for a punk rock band
7. I really like to sew
8. Doing dishes by hand is relaxing for me
9. I worry about getting old and who will take care of me
10. Vacation and travel are two different things to me
11. Vacation is relaxing, reading, sleeping and being as low key as I want
12. Travel is seeing things I've never seen before and being on the go
13. I love the hazelnut gelato in Italy
14. My dream was always to make a living being a writer
15. I make my living being a writer
16. My mom is awesome
17. Coffee ice cream is my favorite
18. When you put hot fudge on coffee ice cream, it's amazing
19. I love to snow ski and am pretty good
20. I can water ski, but not all that well
21. In my 40s I learned to love a good steak
22. I'm smoked a cigar once or twice
23. I would love to be a better cook and do it more often
24. At the beach house I have never taken a shower indoors
25. I love outdoor showers
26. My dream job would to be a ski hostess in Vail
27. Another dream job would be just to read good books for a living
28. I don't care for sushi, but sometimes I eat a veggie roll just to make sure
29. I take a hot bath almost every night
30. Even though I got divorced, I don't regret being married
31. I wear jeans to work too often
32. Being a good friend to people I know is important to me
33. I wish I could ask my Dad for advice sometimes
34. My Dad passed away over 10 years ago
35. I have one niece and four nephews whom I love
36. If I didn't color my hair, I'd be very gray
37. I hate dealing with paperwork
38. Cutting flowers and bringing them inside the house is a simple joy
39. I'm nervous I won't have enough money when I'm old and sick
40. I've seen Bruce Springsteen about 6 times
41. I don't like to hang around people who are smoking
42. I'd like to be more spontaneous
43. I like fancy shoes, but don't wear them enough
44. I could eat cereal for three meals a day
45. I try to be considerate about using my cell phone in public
46. I have a passion for keeping small cities vibrant (like living and shopping in the city)
47. People who say there's nothing to do irritate me
48. I sometimes feel like there's nothing to do
49. I get shy at parties
50. I love to have friends over to my house

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three things that you and i have in common: 1) Hazelnut gelato. Specifically from Italy. I moan the words "noiciolla" approximately once a month.
2) coffee ice cream and chocolate. have you ever heard of something called Kona Coffee Ice cream? Specifically Kona Coffee Mud Pie Ice cream. find it!!
3) favorite food ever: cereal!! This is about the only food I binge on more than ice cream when i'm about to start my period. i have eaten it for all three meals in a day before.

Sassy said...

Good things to have in common, Jessica! I'll have to hunt for that ice cream. Sounds heavenly