Monday, July 07, 2008

Asking for it

Hi all and hope you had a good 4th of July weekend!

I wanted to write once again about the Boyfriend and how wonderful it is to be in a relationship with someone who is communicative and open to having a real adult relationship.

Lately I've been missing the "romance" of a new love. Things have gotten comfortable and while that's all nice, I was missing the sweetness of romance. The other day I had expressed this, very clearly and calmly, to the Boyfriend. Well, last Tuesday, he came through. When he came over for his usual dinner after martial arts class, he was sweet and tender. He took time to kiss me more than usual, gave me compliments, told me how amazing and wonderful I was. It was a lovely evening for us both.

A few days later, as I was still basking in that glow, I asked what had brought that on. He said that he had heard me and wanted to make sure that I got what I needed.

Moral of the story: I am able to ask for what I need and Boyfriend will be there listening. And I hope I do the same for him.

1 comment:

African Kelli said...

Good for you Sassy! It is always smart to be honest and I'm thinking he'll appreciate your thoughtfulness by recognizing what you need.
Hope you are doing well!