Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Beach and boyfriend

Well, the annual family beach trip is coming up soon! Yay! I love to totally relax, spend time with the family, swim and read and sleep. And this year, it's going to be a little different. Why?

I've asked the matriarch (the wonderful Mom) if I could bring the boyfriend for a few days. She's graciously said yes. And so has he. Wow. I've never even asked anyone that I was dating to go a family beach trip. The house will be full of all my relatives looking at him and checking to see if he's worthy of me. What pressure!

I'm thinking The Boyfriend is very brave (or very foolish!!!) for going with me. But it also speaks loudly about how much he means to me and visa versa. We've talked about how the days will go and how he will have to figure out how to find his own space if he gets overwhelmed. The other day he asked if he could take his bike, and that seemed like a great way for him to escape he crowds of my sweet, funny family.

Off to find the flip flops!

2 comments:

3LABCAB said...

hope The Boyfriend passes the test! he seems like an easy win! glad you're so happy. and we all miss the "intense courting"; even the guys. keep the romance going! love ya, maine sister

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, Sassy -- the annual family beach trip! That's awesome!

I met my ex's mom and dad for the very first time at a gigantic family reunion held at the border between Canada and America. Can you say adventure? (Try explaining the concept of "your great-great-grand-niece's boyfriend" to a 175 year old deaf dude who only speaks French with the help of a nun whose name is Joan of Arc. Seriously.) Actually, it was a lot of fun in a, "Is this actually happening on Earth?" sort of way.

Good luck, and have fun!