Friday, March 02, 2007

Better late than never

Once again I find myself apologizing to my dear readers about my lack of posts. Life has been a whirlwind lately of social fun, work, school, visitors, etc.

On the dating scene I have been having a great deal of fun with KitKat. He's proven to be a sweet, kind, thoughtful person. I'm almost overwhelmed by his kindness. I need to keep reminding myself that he's doing things for/with me because he wants to.

For example, I had casually mentioned that I wanted to change my light fixture in my dining room. Two Sunday afternoons ago, he called, offering his services to go "light shopping" then to install any light I might find. Wow! Generosity of time is certainly a way to impress a girl.

We went shopping, ending up going to three store where I stood in the aisles craning my neck to discern between this one and that one and the other one over there. The whole time KitKat showed patience and the ability to roll with a woman's right to change her mind.

After the trip, I made late lunch in exchange for light fixtures being put up. We didn't get to all three (yes, I bought three!), but had a fairly fun afternoon with me handing pliers and screws up the ladder. And, Voila!, there is light!

And so I move on....bathed in a new, less formal light.

1 comment:

African Kelli said...

I am rooting for Kitkat. He sounds wonderful!! And you deserve wonderful.