Saturday, February 17, 2007

It never rains, but it....blah, blah, blah


What in the universe says that at one time you sit around with nothing to do, even with the Great Girlfriends, and the next you crave just one single night at home?

These last two weeks have been a blur. With work, regular social stuff, teaching, etc., I feel like I've been running and gunning. Add KitKat guy and a new "friend" (not sure what to name him), plus a bit of The Torch and you've got a potent stew.

I've had another date with KitKat and it was great. (side note: he needs some wardrobe help, but that's a different post.) We went to the local fine arts museum and enjoyed their Art After Hours program with some art viewing, some blues music and some tasty martinis. As my regular readers know, I really enjoy dating someone who plans a good date. It's not so much the Material Girl in me, but shows that the guy is able to plan, able to think, able to put some effort into dating me. This mostly applies to the start of the dating, when I'm thinking if this guy is worth seeing again. And I have a date with him tonight again to go to an IMAX movie about the coral reefs of the world. Cool!

And once again, KitKat proved to be a thoughtful, kind, funny date. We seem to have a lot to talk about, enjoy each other's company and have some things in common. I'm just trying to enjoy him for who he is, and let things move freely.

On the subject of my new "friend"--this is a fix-up from a friend I know in the business. The gentleman in question has a lot in common with me and it's almost scary. We have emailed and talked on the phone several times. I have not seen a photo, but that doesn't scare me. Hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained. He and I are meeting for coffee this morning and I'm kind of excited. If he doesn't turn out to be someone to date, I'm sure I've at least got a friend. And so I move on.

No comments: