Monday, February 05, 2007

Things unsaid

Tonight I'm thinking of the things unsaid to people; specifically to The Torch. Why do we not say things we mean? Things that we want to say, dream of saying, long to say. Yet, something stops us.

Is it intelligence, knowing that I won't get the answer or action I want?
Is it fear, wondering if I could damage a friendship forever?
Is it protection, not letting myself open up?

All I know is that I've done well keeping some of my deep-heart thoughts to myself regarding him. We have our friendship, our flirting, our fun. And so I will probably keep it status quo. But understand, dear reader, there ARE things I want to say.

1 comment:

African Kelli said...

I vote you just say them. If you are thinking about and it is bothering you, just sit the torch down and tell him! You'll feel better.