Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I have mail!


Today when I came home from work, I reached my little paw into the mailbox and pulled out the pile. There, on the top, was a small, cream-colored envelope. When I looked at the return address, I was tickled to see it was from KitKat.

As I opened it up, I saw that it was a thank-you note. He hand-wrote a sweet note thanking me for making his birthday so special. Last Thursday I had taken him out to a funky restaurant downtown. We had a lovely dinner, complete with a Cosmo (for me) and a big wedge of pie (for me again!). {Whose birthday was it anyway?! hee hee}

I also gave him a card and a mix CD. Then on Friday, I ventured to his neck of the woods and he took me to a movie and then out for a short drink.

Anyway, I was so touched by his kindness. It took time and thought to do this very sweet thing. And I think it shows what kind of person he is. What's next? We probably won't see each other for a while due to travel, work, etc. But it's nice to know such a guy is in my world.

And so I move on.

2 comments:

African Kelli said...

I am so rooting for KitKat! He gets it! He is thoughtful and kind.

Sassy said...

Kelli--you are so right. I'm overwhelmed by his kindness. We're taking it very slow and enjoying things for what they are right now.