Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Still sparking

This week finds the Social Worker and I hitting a new, but very nice stride. After a weekend away (I went to see my family for Mom's 70th birthday), we are settling into a much for realistic rythmn. We both are working to make sure the other gets some space to get life (laundry, freelance, grocery shopping) organized. I think we both would like to see each other 24/7, but know that neither is going anywhere at the moment, so we can sit back and relax a little.

On Sunday evening, the Social Worker met me and Wingwoman at Wingwoman's house for an impromptu dinner. It was lovely and fun and I'm glad that they are getting to know one another. The Wingwoman approves of SW, even with all the baggage. She sees how nice and sweet he is and how happy he makes me. It's so wonderful to have friends that care about you.

And last night SW cooked me a special dinner at his house. While the dinner was good, but not great, the effort was so greatly appreciated. He is so sweet and thoughtful and happy to spend time with me. It's a lovely, lovely feeling. We were at a point where we were all worrying about the future and how we would handle the family stuff, but for now we are just enjoying being together. This was something we both had projected and I think it's how our heads are wired. I'm glad that we are both on the same path and one is not ahead of the other.

1 comment:

rosemary said...

sounds like things are good!