Monday, October 30, 2006

Can I have syrup with my waffle?

I know that this is kinda ahead of the written story here, but I thought that I needed to keep writing or else I would never get caught up.

I've been trying to think about the relationship with BuffaloBoy and how I feel about him. Of course, it doesn't help that I'm still thinking about the Torch from time to time. Torch and I have also been back in touch, even seeing each other on a "friends" basis.

As I think about what I want (what IS it, anyway?) and who I would like to spend time with, Boy is looking good. His kindness, thoughtfulness, communication skills, honesty and willingness to HAVE a real relationship is key. And you just can't discount good men. There's not a lot of them out there. Or maybe there is, but not ones that you click with on all the right levels.

The Torch is a good man. But he obviously can't have a relationship with me (for whatever reason). I've been trying to move on completely for months and it might just be happening. The question becomes this: Am I moving on because of the feelings I have for Boy? Or am I moving on because it's just time to understand and accept that Torch isn't able to be who I need him to be.

Am I looking for a long-term with Boy? No. Not yet. Maybe never. But for right now, it's hard to beat someone who calls and says he can't wait to see me tomorrow night.

No comments: