Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Background for you, fair reader

I'm taking a brief moment to post quickly and catch some folks up on what happened between August and October.

When BuffaloBoy's old gal came into town, he was honest, and fair, about telling me. And I appreciated that. However, after a week (a week!) of not hearing from him, I became somewhat confused. Here was a man who had been taking me out at least once a week and all of the sudden, no communication at all. Not like him.

Finally, not really knowing what else to do, I sent him a low-key, but honest email saying that I was confused about not hearing from him and letting him know what I enjoyed his company, hoped to see/hear from him again and that no matter what, that I wished him well.

About two days later I get a long, rather heart-felt email from Boy. He let me know that he and ex-gal decided to spend the week together at the beach to "finish" things. Yikes! But knowing Boy, his "zen" way of thinking, etc., I decided to accept his apology. Again, he was very up front and honest. And he assured me that they were not looking to mend fences in any way, shape or form.

We went to dinner and mended fences ourselves. And so it continues. More to come, lovely readers.

No comments: