Sunday, September 28, 2008

All is well

Hard to believe that September is almost over. And where the heck did August go?

Anyway, The Boyfriend and I have had a nice month. We went cabin camping with friends and had a lovely weekend. Very nice weather. The best part for me might have been the canoeing, since The Boyfriend paddles and I just sit there and soak up the scenery. He was an awesome gondelier, taking us over some rocky patches since the creek was low due to Virginia's drought. We also hosted his 2 children at my deck for a little cookout and then had Boyfriend's brother, nephews and boys over for a football game.

We've also had a few little tiffs this month, but I'm still amazed at his ability to keep calm and work things out. Usually it's me over-reacting to something and him just bringing me quietly and calmly back to the center. Much, much different than the former husband. And I'm still enjoying his generosity and kindness, things that I appreciated when I first met him.

The other day when my head was just pounding, he did dinner and cleaned up the kitchen and put away the clean dishes for me. Not curing cancer, but showing his love in small, everyday actions. It makes me grateful to have him around.

And so we move on.

No comments: