Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Power Bar

My friend the Tri-Girl said something a while ago that has been ringing in my ears. She and I were talking about The Torch and she said, "He has too much power over you."

Wow. A strong statement. But as I think about it, it might be true. Over the last three years I've used a lot of energy thinking, worrying and wondering about The Torch. While we have a great time together, enjoying each other's company, talking for hours, he is still the non-commital person he always was.

I want him as a friend, but need to start thinking less and less of him as a romantic tie.

And so I move on.

2 comments:

African Kelli said...

You give people power. Right? So, take it back. You know what you need and love.
:)
Hope you have a great weekend!

Sassy said...

Thanks, Kelli! You have wisdom beyond your years!